Why work at Employers Council?
Employers Council is a membership association providing HR and legal support and expertise to employers in 17 states in the Western United States. With offices in Utah, Arizona, and Colorado, our impressive team of Employment Law attorneys, Senior HR professionals, and Organization Development staff provides guidance, support, and resources to employers in all areas of employment law and human resources.
We offer a unique opportunity in our Salt Lake City office for a senior-level human resources professional who wants the certainty of a regular full time schedule, combined with the ability to perform short term HR project work for our member organizations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for diverse and challenging work involving frequent and direct interaction with hundreds of employers.
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service while developing and maintaining strategic relationships with member companies; will provide consultative advice and practical solutions on complex and varied areas of HR (such as employee relations, performance management, leadership development, training, discipline, and termination); will present HR related training content for small and large audiences in a classroom, online, or conference style format, and also onsite at member companies; will write articles on HR related topics and stay current with developments in the HR field; and provide various types of temporary human resource support to member companies.
To succeed in this position, the candidate must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Practical and strategic experience in multiple human resource disciplines such as: compensation, benefits and total rewards, staffing, EEO, employee relations, record keeping, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field.
- Certification through HRCI (SPHR and/or GPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-SCP).
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations, with primary understanding of FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, ACA, and Title VII;
- A demonstrated ability to:
- Speak and write clearly and persuasively in sometimes challenging situations;
- Skillfully deliver (and enjoy) HR and OD related content in a classroom, online, or conference setting;
- Analyze and solve complex problems;
- Effectively listen, seek clarification, and provide concrete and clear advice in a respectful and appropriate manner;
- Draft and review workplace policies and procedures;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and members;
- Ability to adapt communication style to listeners of different levels of sophistication and to explain complex issues in an understandable way;
- Aptitude for interpersonal communication and enjoyment in building and maintaining positive and strong relationships;
- Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel regionally; and
- A passion for providing top notch customer service and supporting Utah employers.
Professional Staff Benefits
Our culture and total rewards program provides our employees the opportunity to professionally grow and develop, prepare financially for the future, and balance professional, personal, and family interests and demands. We offer an exceptional benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, HSA with generous employer contributions, 401(k) with a match up to 8%, generous paid time off, a defined benefit pension plan, monthly vehicle and cell phone allowance, and many other fringe benefits.
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter and résumé through our posting on Indeed.com by Monday July 8, 2019.