Location: Scottsdale, AZ
We are seeking a full-time, team-oriented attorney to work in our Scottsdale office. This is an excellent opportunity for an Arizona licensed attorney seeking positive work-life balance. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, provide our employees with professional growth and development, and remain supportive of family and personal interests.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our member companies while developing and maintaining strategic relationships with member companies. This person will provide consultative advice and practical solutions to employers on a broad and varied array of complex HR and employment law related issues, such as employee relations, performance management, leadership development, training, discipline, termination, and employment or labor law compliance. This person will present employment law training courses for small and large audiences in a classroom, online, or conference style format, as well as on-site at member companies. Finally, this person will write concise guidance and legal updates for HR professionals and company management, and will stay abreast of developments in employment law, labor law, and HR best practices.
To succeed in this position, the ideal candidate should possess:
• J.D. degree from ABA approved law school and currently admitted to Arizona bar;
• Experience in employment law is strongly preferred, including a working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations (civil rights and discrimination, wage and hour, benefits, disability and medical leave, wrongful discharge, etc.), representation of parties in federal and state administrative matters, and drafting and reviewing handbook policies or workplace policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively in sometimes challenging situations; skilled at (and enjoys) delivering employment law-related content in a classroom, online, or conference setting;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems, effectively listen, seek clarification, and provide concrete and clear advice in a sensitive and respectful manner;
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and ability to work collaboratively and positively in a team environment;
• Aptitude for interpersonal communication and enjoyment in building and maintaining positive and strong relationships with member companies to ensure member confidence in Employers Council’s expertise;
• Ability to adapt communication style to listeners of different levels of sophistication and to explain complex legal issues in an understandable way;
• Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel regionally; and
• A passion for providing top notch customer service and supporting Arizona employers.
Desirable additional qualifications:
• Admitted to California or Nevada bar (or willingness to seek admission); and/or
• Experience advising management on best HR practices and policies.
Staff Attorney Benefits
Our total compensation package provides our employees the opportunity to professionally grow and develop. We cover professional expenses such as annual bar fees, CLE’s, and industry-related certifications. We offer an exceptional benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, HSA with generous employer contributions, 401(k) with a match up to 8%, generous paid time off, a defined benefit pension plan, monthly vehicle and cell phone allowance, and many other fringe benefits.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by sending a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2017.