We are seeking a full-time, team-oriented human resources professional to work in our Scottsdale office. This is an excellent opportunity for an expert-level HR professional seeking positive work-life balance. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, provide our employees with professional growth and development, and remain supportive of family and personal interests.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our member companies while developing and maintaining strategic relationships with member companies. This person will provide consultative advice and practical solutions to employers on a broad and varied array of complex HR areas, such as employee relations, performance management, leadership development, training, discipline, termination, and employment or labor law compliance. This person will present training courses on a wide variety of organizational topics (such as interviewing and hiring, performance management, communication, leadership and conflict management) for small and large audiences in a classroom, online, or conference style format, as well as on-site at member companies. Finally, this person will draft articles on HR topics and best practices for Employers Council
To succeed in this position, the ideal candidate should possess:
- Experience in multiple human resources disciplines such as total rewards, staffing, employee relations and performance management at a strategic level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Certification through HRCI (PHR, SPHR and/or GPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) required or attained within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively in sometimes challenging situations; skilled at (and enjoys) delivering HR and leadership content in a classroom, online, or conference setting (significant training experience is required);
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems, effectively listen, seek clarification, and provide concrete and clear advice in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and ability to work collaboratively and positively in a team environment;
- Aptitude for interpersonal communication and enjoyment in building and maintaining positive and strong relationships with member companies to ensure member confidence in Employers Council’s expertise;
- Ability to adapt communication style to listeners of different levels of sophistication and to explain complex issues in an understandable way;
- Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel regionally; and
- A passion for providing top-notch customer service and supporting Arizona employers.
Human Resource Services Staff Benefits
Our total compensation package provides our employees the opportunity to professionally grow and develop. We cover professional expenses such as industry-related certifications and re-certifications and attendance at relevant conferences and trainings. We offer an exceptional benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, HSA with generous employer contributions, 401(k) with a match up to 8%, generous paid time off, a defined benefit pension plan, monthly vehicle and cell phone allowance, and many other fringe benefits.
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter and résumé through our posting on by February 16, 2018.