There is widespread agreement that traditional performance appraisals may be broken. Perhaps this is because they are not part of an overall performance management process that is designed to provide employees with ongoing feedback throughout the year rather than just once a year at the formal performance appraisal. Organizations need a workable set of tools and a framework to manage performance that can be implemented for any individual, team, or within any organization. Effective performance management is an on-going process that focuses on aligning your workforce, building competencies, improving employee performance and development, and driving better business results.
Upon completion of this course, you will have gained skills to:
- Define performance management, it's purpose, and components.
- Link an effective performance management system to employee engagement and organizational, team, and employee success.
- Develop performance expectations aligned with strategic objectives that drive organizational performance.
- Demonstrate ability to provide specific, job-related, behavior-based feedback.
- Conduct a self-prepared mock performance appraisal.
Who Should Attend
Performance Management is designed for team leaders, first-time supervisors, seasoned managers, and anyone in a position that requires managing employee performance to achieve organizational success.