Do you know the difference between doing a presentation or doing a training? What are today's best practices in designing and delivering adult-based training? How can you tell if your training has any impact? If you are curious about any of these questions and are responsible for training in your organization, you might want to consider our Train the Trainer: An Introduction to Training Fundamentals course.
This two day class provides participants with an overview of what it takes to train others. The class highlights the principles of adult learning, key trainer competencies, and the training cycle, including: a) diagnosing, b) designing, c) delivering, and d) evaluating training programs.
- Principles of adult learning theory
- Identifying training needs
- Diagnosing performance and linking it with training
- Designing training curriculum
- Creating effective training activities
- Targeting the training audience
- Developing training goals and objectives
- Key trainer competencies
- Overview of presentation methods and using instructional tools
- Participant Effectiveness and Evaluation
Individuals who prepare in-house training, deliver group training, or revise existing training packages. Class size is limited to 10 and participants must attend both days.
Employers Council staff