- Leadership and Navigation
- HR Expertise
Transitions into leadership can offer hurdles and opportunities to supervisors. While transitions offer an exciting chance to make changes, they also place leaders — new and existing— in a position of vulnerability as well as influence. This class develops skills for participants and outlines key foundational and fundamental practices to adopt during the first three months of a transition into supervision/ leadership. While this course focuses on the first 90 days of supervision, this course could additionally support experienced supervisors who are looking to fine-tune fundamentals of their leadership.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of leading and how your management style impacts others
- Clarify expectations and effectively communicate them
- Create a strategy and steps for a successful first 90 days as a supervisor
Tools and Strategies
- Guide responsibility and organize workflow
- Develop staff's strengths and capacity to contribute
- Evaluate performance; define clear expectations
- Manage relationships
- Create an action plan for your first 90 days of leadership and beyond
Who Should Attend
Anyone soon to become a supervisor or in their first 90 days of transition to a new position of influence or existing supervisors who want to revisit and fine-tune their practices in a leadership role.
Employers Council staff