Congratulations, you have been promoted to a leadership position—now what? This course was designed to provide new leaders an overview of the fundamentals of supervision in a “just-in- time” blended learning cohort format. This course includes prework, a half-day classroom-based kick-off session followed by a series of four self-directed weekly practice modules, and concludes with a second half-day in-class training session where participants will create a personalized action plan for continued success.
Note: The session beginning on April 7th will be taught online.
- Defining quality leadership and exploring what it means to be an effective leader
- Navigating the transition into a leadership role
- Setting expectations and monitoring performance
- Critical communication: Creating an effective, trusting work environment
- Professionalism and productivity
- Developing yourself and others
- Effective meeting management
- Strategies for handling common team member challenges
- Learning styles and on-the-job training
- Future forward: an opportunity for participants to share, anticipate/strategize challenges, and develop an action plan for continued success
Who Should Attend
Anyone about to become a leader or who is newer in their position. Also a great session for anyone seeking a refresher of the basics of leading others
The on-site version of this course is conducted in a traditional classroom style with self-study options provided as a follow up to the session. In addition to the standard on-site rate, this session has additional materials fees.
Employers Council Staff