- Leadership and Navigation
- Ethical Practice
Supervisors and Managers often have no way of getting the feedback they need to improve as leaders of people and process. This 360 instrument gives participants valuable feedback from their boss, peers, direct reports and others regarding a comprehensive set of management competencies. In addition, participants receive an online support guide and action planning resources to apply the feedback they receive.
SKILLSCOPE was designed by the Center for Creative Leadership and is based on decades of research analyzing management success.
This in-depth instrument measures 15 key management competencies
and 98 behavioral items. The clear, graphic SKILLSCOPE
report is easy to interpret and provides anonymous feedback from
all raters except the boss. SKILLSCOPE is specifically designed as
a developmental tool, and therefore results are given only to the class participant.
Benefits of SKILLSCOPE are:
- Valuable, Relevant Feedback—SKILLSCOPE provides managers with insightful and valuable feedback on their strengths and developmental areas from their bosses, peers, and direct reports.
- Easy to Use—SKILLSCOPE is written in simple, straightforward language and takes only 20 minutes to complete. The feedback report clearly identifies strengths and developmental needs. The Development Planning Guide helps participants summarize and interpret their data and create an action plan toward improvement.
- Research-Based—SKILLSCOPE shows high test-retest reliability and a high internal reliability for the questionnaire.
- Multiple Uses—SKILLSCOPE may be used as a stand-alone development instrument or as a supplement to in-house training programs. It can be used to develop individual managers or to assess developmental needs across your entire organization.
The 15 competencies measured include:
- Solves problems
- Communicates information
- Takes action
- Takes risks, innovates
- Manages conflict
- Manages teams
- Develops relationships
- Influences others
- Open to influence
- Develops people
- Knows the job, business
- Drives for results
- Manages time
- Copes with pressure; demonstrates integrity
- Manages and develops self
Note: This class requires pre-work which will be emailed directly to participants. Because of the required lead time for online survey processing, the following deadlines are necessary:
- Registration must be completed no later than six weeks prior to the seminar.
- Questionnaires must be completed and returned by the participant and a minimum of five raters no later than three weeks prior to the seminar.
- Cancellation must be received no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the seminar. If the pre-work is already accessed, a $175 assessment fee will be charged.
SKILLSCOPE is an excellent resource for supporting your supervisors and managers. Using the feedback along with Employers Council Workplace Coaching Services, we can design and implement a coaching program for your supervisors/managers. Please contact the Organizational Development and Learning Department for more information.
Supervisors and managers
SKILLSCOPE is an effective feedback instrument for assessing collective supervisory and managerial strengths and developmental needs in the organization. The on-site rate is the standard half-day training rate, with additional materials fees.