Earning a Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM- CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills. Partner with Employers Council to study for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification test in our custom reparation program with instructors who have taken the exam or are certified.
Professional Instructor Credentials
Many of our experienced human resources professionals and employment law attorneys have achieved their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification and will share their expertise with you. You will work with a variety of professional instructors who are all subject matter experts and use an assortment of teaching techniques to enhance your learning experience.
Study Program Resources
- The SHRM Learning System including practice test questions
- Access to instructors through dedicated office hours
- Instructor tips on how to take the SHRM exams
- Employers Council members have access to other on-line HR-related databases
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP examinations are administered by the SHRM Certification Commission. The Commission is responsible for ensuring the quality and impartiality of the SHRM Certification program. The Employers Council registration fee includes all study program materials but does not include SHRM’s examination fees. For more exam information, eligibility requirements, or to apply to sit for any exam, please visit the SHRM website at www.shrm.org/certification or call 800.283.SHRM (7476).
Once you earn your certification, we have a large number of classes you can take to keep your certification active by earning the credits you need.
Study Programs for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Candidates
All study programs for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification includes SHRM Learning System®, class discussion, exercises, and practice tests. Instructors, who are certified, will provide test-taking tips and exam preparation recommendations.
- Ten-Week Programs are available to attend for three hour sessions. Cost: $1,195 for Employers Council members and $1,395 for non-members.
- Five-Week Programs meet for a full business day on the same day each week for five consecutive weeks. Reading and exercise materials will be mailed to participants for self-directed preparation prior to the beginning of class. Cost: $1,195 for Employers Council members and $1,395 for non-members.
- Boot Camp and Three-Day Programs are shortened intensive study programs. Reading and exercise materials will be mailed to participants for self-directed preparation prior to the beginning of class. Cost: $1,195 for Employers Council members and $1,395 for non-members.
Ten-Week Online Series meet twice a week, 2 hours for instruction and a weekly office hour. Reading and exercise materials will be mailed to participants prior to the beginning of the program. Shipping charges for materials sent outside the continental U.S. may apply.
Cost: $1,145 for Employers Council members and $1,345 for non-members.
Cancellations between receipt of program materials and the first class session will result in a non-refundable material fee. Cancellations after the first class session will be charged the full class fee. For the one-week intensive study program, reading and exercise materials will be mailed to participants
for self-directed preparation prior to the beginning of class.
HR professionals who want to earn their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification