Five Things You May Not Know About OtterBox
Each Monday we will feature a Mountain States Employers Council (MSEC) member by providing five interesting facts about their organization. Interested in seeing your company as part of our feature? Email email@example.com.
1. Where did the name OtterBox come from? Similar to an otter’s fur, this company’s original line of cases is waterproof. To incorporate that element with the fun and playful disposition of the animal, CEO Curt Richardson and his wife Nancy came up with the name while brainstorming during a drive to Denver, CO.
2. OtterBox was named the 2011 Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Medium Workplace.
3. OtterBox grew revenue by 106 percent from 2010 to 2011, landing them No. 1 on the Northern Colorado Business Report list of the fastest-growing, privately held, large companies in the region.
4. Otterbox launched the OtterCares Foundation in November 2010 – a portion of all sales are donated to the foundation, which as a mission of educating and empowering youth towards positive growth.broncos.png
5. OtterBox is the “Official Protector of the Denver Broncos Digital Playbook” for the 2012 season. Each team iPad will be outfitted with an OtterBox Defender Series case—known globally as the premium protective solution for technology.