Are We There Yet? Take Time for a Temperature Check on Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program
Like many across the country, suppose your organization responded to the events that sparked a social justice movement this spring by making a statement about diversity and inclusion or even taking steps to educate, listen, and build connections across your organization. In that case, it might be worth doing a temperature check with your employees to gauge your progress.
A recent study indicates that regardless of all the “talk,” there has been very little “walk” in terms of strides achieved in changing demographics to match that of one’s community. The study found that organizations understand the many benefits of a diverse workplace, yet 78% of employees have yet to notice an increase in diversity throughout their workplaces in the last 12 months.
Establishing a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) program for your company can unlock a unique level of competitive advantage: from increasing learning across teams to fostering increased collaboration and creativity while instilling and maintaining a sense of company pride, leading to employees feeling safer at work overall.
We know each company is as different as the employees within, and there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to DEI efforts. Whether you are considering which DEI steps make sense for your organization or you want to do a “temperature check” survey with your employees on your efforts to date, click here to access the resources on our Member Portal of the Employers Council website. The following lists just a few:
- Our DEI FYI provides insight into the background and benefits of DEI efforts for organizations.
- Free webinar: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Planning: A Primer for HR Professionals.
- Free Online Diversity Survey designed to gauge your employees’ perspectives.
- This checklist provides key considerations when engaging in a DEI initiative.
- Seeking ideas to bolster your efforts to broaden your diversity-related recruiting strategies and efforts? This guide provides insights to help.
At Employers Council, we stand ready to assist you with your DEI efforts with tools like these and customized services tailored to your organization’s unique needs. Contact us for more information.