- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
When you are stressed out, how do you tend to react? Are there ever behaviors you wish you could avoid when tense or angry? Sign up for this session and identify behaviors that your MBTI type tends to gravitate to when you’re “in the grip.”
Use the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) to describe how you are likely to experience and react to stress. Explore ways you can
manage your stress more successfully. The MBTI® instrument, developed by Isabel Briggs Myers and Katharine Cook Briggs based on Carl Jung’s theory of psychological types, has been used for more than 20 years, to identify and describe the natural stress reactions of the sixteen types.
Some people are concerned that their stressed, out-of-character behavior indicates that something is seriously wrong with them. If this is true for you, be assured that this report will allay any such fears you may have. Your stress reactions are predictable, natural, and healthy for your personality type, and they are temporary and manageable.
This class requires pre-work which will be sent directly to the participant prior to the class. It is suggested that individuals register at least 2 weeks prior to the class.
- Recognizing your stress reactions
- Recognizing how stressors differ by type
- Understanding type exaggeration
- Identifying In the Grip and the inferior function behaviors
- Returning to equilibrium—best and worst ways to respond
- Recognizing how others can be helpful and what makes it worse
- Idneitifying what others need from you when they are caught in the grip
- Pinpointing what lessons are there to be learned from your stress reactions
* Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and MBTI® are registered trademarks of Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc.
Anyone who wants to better understand and better manage their own stress reactions and the stress reactions of others. Attending Myers-Briggs: An Interpretation of Personal Style first is required as prior experience with MBTI® is necessary! You must have a solid understanding of your four-letter preferences for the content to be of value.
This class is particularly effective for leadership development or teambuilding as part of a customized on-site. In addition to the on-site fee, this session has additional materials fees.