This advanced class will provide a roadmap to guide employers through the intricate compliance issues involved in managing an employee with a medical condition. This class will address the statutory requirements of each law, examine some of the common management difficulties that are encountered, and suggest practical ways to address these concerns.
Note: This advanced class requires a working knowledge of the three legal statutes. Interested individuals without experience in these areas should consider taking Employers Council’s classes on the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Workers’ Compensation Basics prior to enrolling.
- When each law is triggered
- If more than one law applies
- Obtaining medical information
- Managing attendance issues
- When employment can be terminated
- Compensation issues
- Benefit coverage and continuation
- Return to work and light duty issues
Who Should Attend
Human resources professionals, managers, and specialists who have workplace responsibility in these areas
Employers Council staff attorney