- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
As more and more employers are managing multi-cultural workforces, there is an increased need to understand varying cultural values and behaviors and how they present themselves in the workplace. In this class, we identify some significant cultural differences which can challenge the current way of management. We focus on the cultural values which create these differences in workplace behaviors as a means to accepting and leveraging them to build a strong, functioning workforce. We explore ideas for managing and communicating in ways which all find motivational and supportive. Although there are specific cultural examples used in the class, the intent is to provide a broad framework of understanding which can be applied to employees from any culture with whom an employer is working.
- Understanding of how our pre-conceived notions of other cultures affect our interactions
- Awareness of cultural expectations and values which affect workplace behavior and work styles
- Strategies for merging various cultures in the workplace
- Communication skills useful in a multicultural workforce
Supervisors, leaders, and managers who work with a multicultural workforce