The purpose of this class is to increase the financial intelligence of human resources professionals. It provides a foundation for understanding the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements and how human capital and business decisions affect those statements.
We will then invest our time developing critical thinking skills on how human capital decisions affect each statement. Upon the active participation and completion of the class, the student will be able to achieve the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how organizations make money and the major financial statements that are used to assess the health of a company
- Understand how human capital decisions impact the financial statements
- Describe business ethics and corporate governance and their role in daily activities in the workplace
The class will cover these topics with a mix of lecture, discussion, and exercises
- The art of finance
- The Income Statement, what does it mean?
- The Balance Sheet, what makes balance?
- The Cash Flow Statement, why is cash is king?
Who Should Attend
This is an essential class for Human Resource professionals who desire to increase their understanding of the foundations of financial reports and their implications. Managers in any function will also benefit from the principles taught in the class. The class would be an
excellent on-site program and can be customized to fit the need of your organization.
Employers Council staff