- Leadership and Navigation
- Relationship Management
The ability to manage your own emotions and develop an evolved sense of emotional intelligence (EQ) can lead to greater success and happiness in life and in the workplace. This workshop will build on the skills you have learned in Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace to utilize EQ. Recognizing and being able to effectively communicate about your own emotions and self-awareness can enhance your ability to build a strong team either in a leadership role or as a member. When we are able to act with empathy, it fosters an environment where team members can shine as both as individuals and as a whole.
Join us for this practical, results-oriented workshop that links Emotional Intelligence concepts to the practice of cultivating a high performing team. This session builds on the content of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace. The goal is to deepen your understanding of EQ and how it relates to working with others.
- Explore behaviors and how emotional responses impact a group through the lens of both a manager and a colleague
- Use awareness of your own emotions to strengthen how you contribute to your team
- Practice strategies for leading a team using your knowledge of your EQ
- Make decisions from a place of empathy and inclusion, while recognizing the origins of your “gut instincts”
- Identify patterns that might be holding your team back
- Create solutions by strategizing with people who think differently, in order to solve difficult problems
- Develop strategies for improving relationships both in and outside of work using EQ
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, and any employee looking to deepen their understanding of EQ, particularly as it relates to cultivating high performing teams
Participants must attend Emotional Intelligence at Work prior to attending this course to have familiarity around the model
Kate Schnurr, M.Ed.