- Business Acumen
- Consultation Objective
To explore supervision from the mindset of a coach, where the focus is on developing a partnership to work with and support the employee’s development. We build the coaching skills necessary to strengthen that partnership, and give managers the tools and confidence to embrace the coaching role successfully. We practice using a coaching model which gives managers a solid framework for holding various types of coaching conversations, including preparing, implementing, and following up regularly to support the coaching partnership.
- Identify communication skills needed to effectively coach employees
- Diagnose employee performance using Gap Analysis
- Review current thinking on coaching expectations for different generations
- Create an outline to prepare for an effective coaching conversation
- Conduct a performance coaching conversation and receive feedback from peer participants
Managers, supervisors, team leads, and anyone who does formal or informal workplace coaching
Employers Council staff
This topic is also effective as a customized on-site for the Salt Lake City Employers Council Office region.