Have you been tasked with creating training from scratch and have no idea where to start? Come learn how to apply instructional design principles to your project(s). Examine the process of planning and developing learning materials and training experiences that contribute to successful learning outcomes. This class will focus on creating learner materials such as notebooks, handouts, and visual aids, as well as other learning aids and instructor materials.
- Calculating development time and costs
- Identifying design resources and constraints
- Clarifying learning objectives
Developing Training Materials
- Tying training objectives to material design
- Considering sequencing options
- Selecting the instructional method and delivery medium
- Developing an instructor guide
Designing Training Materials
- Writing content
- Applying design principles
- Reviewing your class design
- Evaluating your instructional design skills
Who Should Attend
Individuals who prepare in-house training, deliver group training, or revise existing training. Useful for both new and experienced trainers who want to improve their design skills. It is recommended that you have already taken Employers Council’s Train-the-Trainer and Training Activities classes.
In addition to the standard on-site rate, this session has additional materials fees.
Employers Council staff