Colorado's new law on data privacy has been in effect since September 1, but its complexity and vagueness have created confusion and concern among organizations struggling to comply with its terms. This webinar explains the requirements of the law in no uncertain terms, including what organizational best practices may be adopted or considered in order to facilitate compliance.
Objectives of this webinar include:
- Understanding the requirements of Colorado's private and public sector consumer data privacy protections;
- Identifying personal information (PI) and personal identifying information (PII);
- Reviewing requirements when security breaches occur;
- Discussing risk analysis and different methodologies;
- Evaluating liabilities for failure to properly protect data; and
- Knowing where to locate other helpful resources.