- Business Acumen
- Consultation Objective
Whether managers are trying to help employees sharpen their skills, develop toward future goals, or rebound after derailing, employees greatly benefit from being coached. In this class, participants will practice critical coaching skills necessary to give managers the tools and confidence needed to embrace the coaching role successfully. We navigate through a coaching model that gives managers a solid framework for holding various types of coaching conversations by highlighting the elements of preparation, implementation, and follow-up, all of which are needed to support the coaching partnership.
- Identify the personal qualities of a coach that are critical to employees
- Determine the roles and responsibilities of a coach
- Assess current coaching skills and behaviors through the use of the Coaching Process Questionnaire
- Explore effective coaching techniques
- Diagnose employee performance opportunities using gap analysis
- Conduct a performance development coaching conversation and receive feedback from peer participants
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, team leads, and anyone who does formal or informal workplace coaching
This course is one of our most popular on-site classes and can be customized to match your most immediate needs. This course uses licensed materials and has additional materials fees for on-site offerings.
Employers Council staff