We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Employment Law Services team at our downtown Denver location.
Location: Denver, CO (Parking Included)
Salary Range: Range $15.50
Reports to: Director of Employment Law Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting Attorney’s with administrative tasks including but not limited to, answering phones, managing calendars, reserving rooms, booking travel, filing expense claims and stocking office supplies.
- Coordinating payment of invoices, credit card statements, and check requisitions.
- Preparing and maintaining attorney/staff folders, new member folders, case files, member files, office files and resource materials.
- Assisting members with Employers Council services, member inquiries, updating member information, training schedules, internet services and internal Employers Council operations.
- Assisting attorneys with research and special projects and completing ongoing regular projects.
- Processing information and reports utilizing Employers Council client management systems.
- Coordinating events and training sessions to include securing locations, ordering required materials, preparing flyers and marketing materials, speaker confirmations, coordinating vendors, as well as assisting Attorney’s with preparation of materials.
- Performing receptionist responsibilities when receptionist is unavailable including directing member inquiries, assisting visitors, and assuming all other duties of front-desk receptionist.
- Capacity to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to solve practical problems associated with relevant departments and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, competently and in a timely manner. The individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be a problem solver, in what can be a fast paced environment.
Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Knowledge of fundamental administrative and clerical procedures, including but not limited to maintaining files, operating phone systems and general office equipment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to master an array of skills associated with administrative duties.
- Must gain sufficient knowledge of Employers Council structure, policies and personnel to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate follow through on projects, Attorney, Member or Staff requests.
- High school diploma (or equivalent), post-secondary education preferred.
- Work-related experience in an office environment, preferably at least three years.
- Experience in legal services is not required
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position will report to the Manager of Employment Law Services.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.