- Leadership and Navigation
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
This is an introductory class that provides participants with an understanding of how organizational strategy, structure, functions, systems, and people work together to create value in response to customer needs. This class will provide an overview of an organization’s strategic framework, essential and supporting business functions, systems alignment, environment, and key performance indicators. Participants will have the opportunity to apply the strategic framework and concepts through a guided case study. They can apply this knowledge to their own organizations to add value with their new business knowledge and acumen.
- Understanding the organization’s strategic framework (mission, vision, values, goals, and strategy)
- Reviewing essential business functions (marketing and sales, research and development, logistics, operations and production, and service)
- Reviewing support functions (finance and accounting, technology, HR/organizational development, administration, and legal/ government affairs)
- Understanding systems thinking and organizational alignment
- Understanding the environment (PESTLE, SWOT)
- Understanding key performance indicators
Early to mid-level professional staff and supervisors interested in building their business acumen.
Employers Council staff