Complying with the ADA is particularly challenging because each situation requires a case-by-case analysis to determine an employer’s obligations. This class takes an in-depth look at the more advanced compliance issues that arise under the ADA and provides practical advice and best practice tips to help employers navigate its complexities. We will focus specifically on the reasonable accommodation process.
- Recognizing when an employee may need a reasonable accommodation
- Identifying what is considered a reasonable accommodation for your organization
- Engaging in the reasonable accommodation process step-by-step
- What to do when an employee does not cooperate during the reasonable accommodation process
- Handling performance issues or misconduct related to an employee’s disability
- Addressing undue hardships or qualification issues that may result in termination of employment
Who Should Attend
Human resource professionals, benefits or leave administrators, and other company representatives involved in their organization’s ADA administration. Note: this class assumes a working knowledge of the ADA. Individuals without ADA experience should consider attending the Americans with Disabilities Act Essentials class.
Employers Council staff attorney